French Toast Sticks Recipe
- sliced bread (I use the entire bag – about 12 slices)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) melted butter
- In large bowl or dish, crack open three eggs and beat them.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Add all of the dry ingredients: granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Use medium heat to heat your pan/griddle.
- Stack about 3 slices of bread on top of each other and cut them into 3 pieces.
- Before adding the bread slices make sure your pan/griddle has butter or a non-stick spray to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Dip the bread in your mixture, leaving each side in for 2-3 seconds. DO NOT leave your bread slice in the mix for too long because you don’t want it to be sappy and break apart.
- Once the griddle/pan is hot, and the butter or non-stick spray has been added, add the bread on top.
- Allow each side to toast until golden brown.